Bad habits that can harm your teeth:
1) Nail biting: This nervous habit can chip teeth,cause misalignment of teeth and impact your jaw.Placing the lower jaw, for a long period of time, in a protruding position can cause jaw disfunction.
2) Brushing too hard: Brushing with a hard toothbrush or brushing too hard can damage teeth, irritate gums and can cause tooth sensitivity.
3) Grinding and clenching: This can cause muscle tenderness, joint pain and chipping or cracking of teeth.
4) Chewing on ice cubes: The cold temperature and the hardness of ice cubes can cause serious damage to your teeth and existing fillings.
5) Using your teeth as a tool: Many people use their teeth as tools for a variety of tasks, such as to open a bottle or plastic bag, straighten a fork, rip off a price tag, etc.These actions can cause your teeth to crack or chip. Also you may injure your jaw or accidentally swallow something you shouldn’t.
6) Eating habits: Constant snacking, drinking of carbonated beverages or biting into lemons or other acidic food, puts you at a higher risk for cavities.
7) Smoking: Tobacco smoking causes bad breath, accelerates the severity of gum disease and affects the colour of your teeth.In addition, smoking can cause oral cancer.